Sunday, September 20, 2015

PROCESSIONS on parade

John Sheridan illustration of marching parade 1937
John Sheridan American flags in 1937
         
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
        
"The Rumor" by artist A. Paul Weber 1943
"The Rumor" by A. Paul Weber in 1943   Click images twice for fantastic full size
     
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
      
Walter Joseph Phillips print of deer in winter
 A procession by Walter Joseph Phillips
   
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
  
artist Albert Erisch 1916
Obscure, beautiful art by Albert Erisch 1916 . . .
    
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
   
Antonio Frasconi 1964 childrens book illustration
This Antonio Frasconi 1964 childrens book illustration shows that
sidewalks allow two concurrent directions for processions.
    
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
    
Bernard Boutet de Monvel  pre-1945 illustration of students in procession
Bernard Boutet de Monvel's  pre-1945 illustration of students in procession. 
    
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
   
1888 parade of bicycles at Buffalo
1888 
     
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
    
C R W Nevinson art 1917
C R W Nevinson procession 1917 
     
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
    
Carlos Schwabe art
 Carlos Schwabe art   Click images twice for full size
   
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
    
constructing London's Great Exhibition of 1851
 Construction of the Crystal Palace at  London's Great Exhibition of 1851
     
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
   
entrance to Futurama at the 1939 NY Worlds Fair
  The entrance to Futurama at the 1939 NY Worlds Fair
     
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
    
Harry Rountree children's book illustration
 Harry Rountree children's book illustration
    
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
   
Hieronymus Cock illustration 1500s
A 1500s procession by publisher Hieronymus Cock. I think
maybe his crowd were the hipster artists and cartoonists of their time.
    
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
   
Kay Nielson illustration of “Twelve Dancing Princesses”
 A Kay Nielson illustration from From “Twelve Dancing Princesses”
    
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
    
Mary Blair design for Disney's Peter Pan
 Mary Blair's colour design for Disney's Peter Pan
    
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
    

Mel Crawford 1960s illustration from a children's book
Mel Crawford 1960s illustration from a children's book,
probably a 'Little Golden Book' about the Flintstones 
     
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
    
1917 parade float
a 1917 parade float


http://gerrylagendyk.blogspot.ca/
https://www.youtube.com/user/thrillinggrief/playlists
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-lagendyk
http://gotomootpoint.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment