Sunday, November 29, 2015

F R U I T - i n - a r t - a n d - l i f e

Adolf Hengeler 1904 art color
Big soft peaches picked hot in the sun, old abandoned vineyards rich
with Concord grapes and spider webs.  Now we buy expensive, perfect,
hard, foreign, waxed clones from corporations and carry them home
in an extruded polyethylene bag.  They're pretty good too I guess.
An Adolf Hengeler 1904 painting      Click images twice for full size
    
F R U I T
         
1968 joy detergent
1968 joy detergent
       
F R U I T
     
1888 gooseberries illustration
1888 gooseberries for a good tart, acidic, tangy, sour pie. 
Wash it down with unsweetened lemonade.
      
F R U I T
    
1854 plum varieties illustrated color
There are many varieties of plums, all of them
lewd and suggestive. These are from 1854.
      
F R U I T
    
1886 mulberries illustration
An 1886 illustration of mulberries . . . rude prurient filth!
      
F R U I T
    
Carmen Miranda on Busby Berkeley film set
In 1943 Busby Berkeley created this film set for Carmen Miranda. 
Busby Berkeley film set
giant bananas and blueberries
      
F R U I T
    
Willem Kalf painting
Exposed fruit should stay in the marriage bedroom, and not be vulgarly
paraded in decent public.  Willem Kalf knew that when he painted this
in 1659.  So let's continue, and disregard all of the vulgar
sexual aspects of fruit . . .
      

adams sour fruit fiesta gum Canada
oh my
      
F R U I T
    
Fisons chemicals for pineapple illustration
Chemicals on a pineapple! Who would make love with you now, tart root?
      
F R U I T
    
Agnes Miller Parker illustration
Two Agnes Miller Parker illustrations of wild fruit
Agnes Miller Parker illustration
Plants want their fruit eaten and seeds distributed.
      
F R U I T
    
1903 ornamental art France berries
1903 ornamental berries from France
      
F R U I T
    
Vincent van Gogh fruit still life
Vincent van Gogh fruit still life
      
F R U I T
    
1922 vanilla farm, a photograph of vanilla fruit
A 1922 vanilla bush with paper sheets showing it's dark fruit for the photograph.
      
F R U I T
     
a Charles Harper illustration of Libby's canned pineapple
a Charles Harper illustration
      
F R U I T
     
   
       
      F R U I T
    
Giovanni Battista Ferrari, a lime
Giovanni Battista Ferrari art.  This is how limes used to look,  and here's a modern lime fruit redesigned . . .  
      
F R U I T
     
1960 Qwip cream in a can
1960 Qwip cream in a can
   
    
http://goinsaneinonestep.blogspot.ca/
http://gerrylagendyk.blogspot.ca/
https://www.youtube.com/user/thrillinggrief/playlists
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-lagendyk
http://gotomootpoint.blogspot.ca/
k i n d n e s s   &   l o v e   f o r   e v e r y o n e

No comments:

Post a Comment