Sunday, April 24, 2016

M I R R O R S . . . in art

     
M I R R O R S
      
A Pablo Picasso painting of a woman at her mirror
A Pablo Picasso painting
     
M I R R O R S
      
A newspaper opinion piece about mirror-globes from 1883
A newspaper opinion about mirror-globes from 1883
     
M I R R O R S
      
A catalog illustration for a 1949 bathroom mirror
 A catalog illustration for a 1949 bathroom mirror.  Apparently vampires have no reflection.
     
M I R R O R S
      

Bev Doolittle art
Bev Doolittle      Click images twice for full size
     
M I R R O R S
      
A Kay Nielson illustration of Dorien Grey at his portrait, for Wilde's book
Dorien Grey's aging portrait of himself is sort of like a mirror,
in this illustration by Kay Nielson for Wilde's book.
     
M I R R O R S
      
A George Cruikshank comical drawing of a man shaving, 1800s
A George Cruikshank drawing, 1800s
     
M I R R O R S
      

A 1938 store window display using tinted mirrors
 A 1938 store window display
     
M I R R O R S
      
1900 Paris Exposition: a black & white photo that's been color tinted for a book.
 1900 Paris Exposition: a black & white photo that's been color tinted for a book.
They could print in color, but photography was only black and white.
     
M I R R O R S
      
A 1900 photograph of the Salon of Illusions with visual infinity, in the Palace of Electricity.
1900 Paris Exposition: the Salon of Illusions in the Palace of Electricity
was a mirrored and lighted hall with visual infinity.
     
M I R R O R S
      
A 1900 illustration of the Salon of Illusions with visual infinity
 This illustration of the Salon of Illusions adds clarity.
     
M I R R O R S
      
Mike Hinge
 A Mike Hinge illustration, 1970s
     
M I R R O R S
      
An illustration of Holiday Food Mart 1960s
 A 1960s advertising illustration
     
M I R R O R S
      
A photograph of a women's dressing vanity, 1930s?
A women's dressing vanity, 1930s?
     
M I R R O R S
      
An illustration of 1700s Spain, opposite mirrors create a visual infinity
1700s Spain: opposite mirrors create a visual infinity
     
M I R R O R S
      
An 1935 ink drawing by Rowley Murphy
A 1935 India ink reflection by Rowley Murphy
     
M I R R O R S
      
A Yayoi Kusama mirrored art installation
  A Yayoi Kusama mirrored art installation     Click image twice for full size
  
M I R R O R S

Please watch my 60 second MIRROR-video . . .

 

http://gerrylagendyk.blogspot.ca/
http://gotomootpoint.blogspot.ca/
https://www.youtube.com/user/thrillinggrief/playlists
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-lagendyk

No comments:

Post a Comment