Sunday, July 17, 2016

SHOWBIZ images in art

Showbiz in Art
SPOTLIGHT on showbiz images, by various artists & photographers
   
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
    
1772 showbiz Daniel Wildman, bees on horseback
1772
  
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
    
1839 singing cartoon
From an 1839 humor publication  It's worth a closer look
  
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
  
1851 Castle Garden Theater, Jenny Lind
1851 in New York  Click images twice for full size
  
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
  
French equestrian Madame Loyo on Broadway, 1851
 French equestrian Madame Loyo on Broadway, 1851
 
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
      
The Batemen Children, 1853
The Batemen Children, 1853
  
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
  
Carl Spitzweg harlequin
 Carl Spitzweg art, 1860
  
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  :::::::::: 
  
1862 ventriloquist Amadee Rolland
   An 1862 ventriloquist
 
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
    
Miss Valentine Conwell, 1896 little person performer photo
Miss Valentine Conwell, 1896
   
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
    
Arthur Moreland 1903
  an Arthur Moreland illustration, 1903
  
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
    
advice to singers, 19041904

::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  :::::::::: 
    
1910 circus clown photograph
a 1910 circus clown
 
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::

Vaudeville performer Cecelia Loftus, 1915
  a Vaudeville performer, 1915
  
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
  
Vaudeville performer Charmon, 1915
  a Vaudeville performer, 1915
    
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::  
  
outdoor theater with fire performance, 1917
 outdoor theater, 1917
 
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
  
May Murray as Mae West in peacock Alley, 1929
 This looks like a Mae West imitator in 1929
  
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
 
Disney's Ferdinand the Bull 1938
    A 1938 Disney short, Ferdinand the Bull   click the blue link to watch it at YouTube
  
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
  
Bo Diddley 1972, Where it All began
   a 1972 record cover for influential musician Bo Diddley
   
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
  
a Frank Springer cartoon for National Lampoon magazine
   a Frank Springer cartoon for National Lampoon magazine
     
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
 
Rod Filbrandt cartoon, Dance Rummy Dance
a Rod Filbrandt cartoon
    
::::::::::  S  H  O  W  B  I  Z  ::::::::::
  
http://gerrylagendyk.blogspot.ca/
https://www.youtube.com/user/thrillinggrief/playlists
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-lagendyk
http://gotomootpoint.blogspot.ca/
k i n d n e s s   &   l o v e   f o r   e v e r y o n e

No comments:

Post a Comment