Sunday, January 15, 2017

PROCESSIONS on parade - part 2

Gluyas Williams cartoon
a Gluyas Williams cartoon     see Processions part one  HERE
 
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S

Coles Phillips illustration 1911
a Coles Phillips illustration, 1911
Click images twice for full size    Click artists' blue links
 
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
 
1652 spectacle with audience
money well spent in 1652

P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S

1972 conformity illustration
a 1972 illustration

 P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
   
1884 Toronto parade float, Toronto welcomes all
 An 1884 Toronto parade float
 
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
 
Ed Emberly 1961, a school of fish
an Ed Emberley children's illustration, 1961
 
P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
  
Bernard Picart Religious Ceremonies and Customs of All the Peoples of the World (1723-1743)
Religious Ceremonies & Customs of All the Peoples of the World (1723-1743)
 a book by artist Bernard Picart, who cautiously chose to remain anonymous as author

 P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
 
1961 Parker pens advertisement
1961 Parker pens

 P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S

toy hunting set 1922
a toy hunting set from 1922

 P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S

entering Futurama at the 1939 World's Fair in New York
entering Futurama at the 1939 World's Fair in New York

 P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S

Antonio Petruccelli 1937 Fortune
an Antonio Petruccelli illustration, 1937

 P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S

A. Vimar illustration 1917, zebras in procession
an A. Vimar illustration, 1917

 P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S

Harrison Cady children's book illustration
a Harrison Cady children's book illustration

P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S

1890: the prison lockstep shuffle

P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S

Carter's 1947 plastic inkwells, Stylewriter
1947 plastic inkwells

P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S

 a Dr. Seuss children's book, 1956

P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S

 George Cruikshank drawing of the 'Gin Juggarnath'
a George Cruikshank drawing of the 'Gin Juggarnath'
       
 P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S
 
Greyhound 1943 war workers marching parade
Greyhound moves USA war workers, 1943

 P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S

This 1896 parade float says: "With Laughter, Song and Wit" . . . 
but absolutely no one is smiling.

P   R   O   C   E   S   S   I   O   N   S

Imperial Airways poster
            
        
YOU WANT TO ROCK ??   Click below to hear my teenage angst  - GL
  
http://goinsaneinonestep.blogspot.ca/
http://gerrylagendyk.blogspot.ca/
https://www.youtube.com/user/thrillinggrief/playlists
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-lagendyk
http://gotomootpoint.blogspot.ca/
k i n d n e s s   &   l o v e   f o r   e v e r y o n e

No comments:

Post a Comment