Sunday, March 12, 2017

A C C I D E N T S

      It's almost as if they weren't supposed to happen . . .
          
     
an A.B. Frost book illustration, "contents"
         an A.B. Frost book illustration  Click images twice for full size
    
A C C I D E N T S
   
Norbertine von Bresslern-Roth, falling mountain goat
Norbertine von Bresslern-Roth     Click blue links for more of the artists
     
A C C I D E N T S
  
1860s schoolbook, the bad girl
from an 1860s schoolbook: children were taught about death
because mortality rates were high.
   
A C C I D E N T S
     
a Mike Hinge illustration of a fire hydrant
a Mike Hinge illustration
        
 A C C I D E N T S
      
an illustration from a science journal by Camille Flammarion
an illustration from an 1800s science journal by Camille Flammarion
     
A C C I D E N T S
   
a Tom Vroman children's book illustration, 1964
a Tom Vroman children's book illustration, 1964
   
A C C I D E N T S
   
Art Spiegelman's Garbage Pail Kids trading cards for Topps inc.
 Art Spiegelman's Garbage Pail Kids trading cards for Topps inc. 1985:  kids loved them
    
A C C I D E N T S 
   
an illustration of too-steep 1878 stairs in "the unpaved districts" There were too-steep 1878 stairs in "the unpaved districts"
      
A C C I D E N T S
     
there is no sound in space
        
A C C I D E N T S
      
a Gary Larson cartoon
     
A C C I D E N T S
    
   
A C C I D E N T S
   
a 1950s MAD look at insurance, with art by Wallace Wood
a 1950s MAD look at insurance: art by Wallace Wood
    
 A C C I D E N T S
    
a 1940s book cover illustration by Denis McLoughlin, "Be still my love"
That was no accident . . . a 1940s book illustration by Denis McLoughlin
      
A C C I D E N T S
     
a Bruno Paul cartoon about bicycling
a Bruno Paul illustration
  
A C C I D E N T S  
   
an Edward Gorey drawing, "O is for Olive run through with an awl"
Edward Gorey
     
A C C I D E N T S
     
a Frank R Paul illustration of a space wreck
a Frank R Paul illustration

A C C I D E N T S   
   
   
A C C I D E N T S
   
a Harold Von Schmidt illustration of a winter train wreck at night
 a Harold Von Schmidt illustration
     
A C C I D E N T S
     
a Tex Avery animation still
a Tex Avery animation still
    
A C C I D E N T S
     
a cartoon drawing by the 1800s writer William Makepeace Thackeray
a cartoon by the 1800s writer William Makepeace Thackeray
   
    
Click below for my 2001 animation, 'GEORGE'S AUTO SERVICE'
      
 

http://goinsaneinonestep.blogspot.ca/
http://gerrylagendyk.blogspot.ca/
https://www.youtube.com/user/thrillinggrief/playlists
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-lagendyk
http://gotomootpoint.blogspot.ca/
k i n d n e s s   &   l o v e   f o r   e v e r y o n e

No comments:

Post a Comment