Sunday, March 5, 2017

MIRRORS in art - part 2

  
M I R R O R S
    
Maurits Cornelis Escher, mudpuddle reflection
Maurits Cornelis Escher, 1950?  Click images twice for full size
    
M I R R O R S
    
1895 curved mirrors outside a caterer's store
1895 curved mirrors outside a caterer's store reflected the customer
before and after eating.
   
M I R R O R S
   
Edward Burne-Jones art
 Edward Burne-Jones art   Click blue links for more
   
S R O R R I M
   
Peter Behrens interior design, 1901 photograph, secession mirror
Peter Behrens design 1901
   
M I R R O R S
    
a Bernie Fuchs illustration
 a Bernie Fuchs illustration
   
S R O R R I M 
    
Adolf Böhm illustration 1892, water mirror
an Adolf Böhm illustration 1892
   
M I R R O R S
     
1920s fashion illustration by Benito
a 1920 fashion illustration by Benito
   
S R O R R I M
   
1867 Paris Exposition giant mirror, illustration
the 1867 Paris Exposition
   
M I R R O R S
     
water reflection
Walter Georgi art
   
S R O R R I M
   
Walter Joseph Phillips art
Walter Joseph Phillips art
  
M I R R O R S  
      
1908 hotel mirror illusion
1908 hotel: a half table and half globe on a giant mirrored wall (left)
created a 3d illusion.  The globe appeared to float without support.
   
S R O R R I M
    
woman relection in water
a Dugald Stewart Walker book illustration
   
M I R R O R S
   
a Jan van Eyck painting detail, mirror
 a Jan van Eyck painting (cropped)
   
S R O R R I M
   
woman in mirror
a Harry Clarke illustration
   
M I R R O R S
   
Egon Schiele 1907, water reflection
Egon Schiele art, 1907
   
S R O R R I M
   
Peter Behrens architecture, 1907 Tonhaus photograph
Peter Behrens architecture, 1907
     
M I R R O R S
      
Fedor Flinzer children's book, pig at mirror
a Fedor Flinzer children's book illustration
   
   S R O R R I M
   
McCalls Style & Beauty illustration, 1940s?
McCalls Style & Beauty
  
M I R R O R S
  
a Charles Addams cartoon of an eager widow
a Charles Addams cartoon, 1940s?
   
 S R O R R I M
   
1960s supermarket interior photograph
1960s supermarket mirrors appear to double the produce 
and draw shoppers in.
   
M I R R O R S
   
child with kaleidoscope
 Robert Williams art: a mirrored kaleidoscope
   
S R O R R I M
    
illustration
a Willy Pogany book illustration
    
 M I R R O R S
    
a Coles Phillips illustration
 a Coles Phillips illustration
   
See MIRRORS PART one here
       
   
http://goinsaneinonestep.blogspot.ca/
http://gerrylagendyk.blogspot.ca/
https://www.youtube.com/user/thrillinggrief/playlists
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-lagendyk
http://gotomootpoint.blogspot.ca/
k i n d n e s s   &   l o v e   f o r   e v e r y o n e

No comments:

Post a Comment