Sunday, June 25, 2017

PRIMARY COLORS

red yellow blue
                  
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
                   
1385 alphabet, red and blue
red blue, from an 1385 book
       
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
         
1958 Ford Fairlane, red yellow & blue primary colors
red yellow blue on a 1958 Ford Fairlane     Click image twice for full size 
             
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
         
1949 floor linoleum, primary colors
1949 floor linoleum
           
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
          
1953 floor linoleum, red white black, photograph
1952 floor linoleum  see full size
           
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
          
1956 kitchen
 1956
           
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
                   
a 1950s motel in primary colors
 a 1950s motel  see full size

P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
         
Rene Gruau, primary colors
a Rene Gruau fashion illustration
        
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
          
Scandinavian fashion 1972, color catalog photo, primary colors
Scandinavian fashion, 1972
In the 1950s & 1960s Scandinavian design was everywhere, from teak furniture to glazed objects.
There was a second wave (1968 to 1975?) which greatly influenced design & fashion. 
Is there a name for this period of style that helped shape the 1970s?
     
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
       
red on red, 1972 mainstream fashion, color catalog
Red on red 1972 mainstream clothing fashion:
AM radio programmed Hendrix with The Osmonds,
LSD and MDA were popular street drugs,
heavy metal and funk were young.
     
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
       
mondo bizarre
1972: mondo bizarre
     
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
       
1937 kitchen illustration
 a 1937 kitchen
         
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
           
1968 electronic stereo
 1968 electronics  see full size
         
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
          
Frank R. Paul magazine cover art 1930s?, Wonder Stories, printers dots
Frank R. Paul magazine cover art, 1930s?  See full size
overlapping printers dots
overlapping printers dots
        
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
        
Coles Phillips, blue and yellow
a Coles Phillips illustration  see full size
     
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
       
Owen Jones illustration of old Chinese ornament, red white blue
an Owen Jones illustration of old Chinese ornament   see full size
     
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
       
attention grabbing gas station colors
       
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
       
an 1890 accordion from a color catalog
an 1890 accordion from a sales catalog
     
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
         
1976 teen bedroom photograph
a 1976 teen bedroom
           
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
             
Honky Tonk Girl, 1930s movie poster, red white blue, jive girl
a 1930s movie poster   Click twice for full size
     
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
       
Lee J. Ames illustration, the torture chambers
a Lee J. Ames illustration
     
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
      
1894 graphic ornament
1894 graphic ornament
        
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
         
1967 poster, Jefferson Airplane, primary colors, red yellow blue
1967: the poster was better than the band
     
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
       
1972 drapes in red and white, catalog photo
1972
  
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
       
1972 kids fashion, red white blue, catalog photo
1972:   GO TO SLEEP!!!!   WAKE UP!!!!!
  
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
       
1938 public washroom, blue and yellow
1938 public washroom
  
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
      
1973 table fans, red plastic design
1973 table fans
  
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
       
Alfred Roller poster 1902, XIV Ausstellung der Vereinigung Bildener Kuenstler Osterreichs
an Alfred Roller poster, 1902
     
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
      
1975 Nerf toys ad photo
1975 Nerf toys: muted primary colors and soft foam
  
P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S
       
Matt Lyon digital art
Matt Lyon digital art, 2014?
  
enough of  P R I M A R Y   C O L O R S ! ! 
   
Click below for my  s o o t h i n g   g u i t a  r  .    .       .
  
   
http://goinsaneinonestep.blogspot.ca/
http://gerrylagendyk.blogspot.ca/
https://www.youtube.com/user/thrillinggrief/playlists
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-lagendyk
http://gotomootpoint.blogspot.ca/
k i n d n e s s   &   l o v e   f o r   e v e r y o n e

No comments:

Post a Comment