Sunday, July 2, 2017

F A C T O R I E S . . . of the past

a Leslie Ragan factory illustration, birdseye view
a Leslie Ragan illustration, 1940s?  Let's look at factories, starting with some earlier ones . . .
    
F A C T O R I E S
      
a French toy doll factory, 1100? illustration
a toy doll factory, 1100?
   
F A C T O R I E S
   
1878 factory ventilation, Nason's Ventilating fans
a generous employer in 1878
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
1883 hand grenade fire extinguisher
 1883 Ontario
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
1892 engineer oilcans, illustration
oil for moving parts in 1892   click image twice for full size
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
1898 factory mom, illustration, dead child
an 1898 mom buries one child
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
1900 automatic illuminating torches, 1900 factory lighting
1900, portable temporary industrial illumination   see full size
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
factories at Niagara Falls, 1900 tinted photograph
factories at Niagara Falls, 1900   see full size
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
a copy of a Victor Hugo drawing
This is some artist's copy of a Victor Hugo drawing, etched by a third person for printing on cheap paper, stored for a century, scanned at a university, downloaded, cleaned and presented here for readers to enjoy in their own educational collections.  Always try to keep the artist's name with the image.
   
F A C T O R I E S
   
a 1901 dog-powered machine, illustration
This 1901 dog-powered machine doesn't show the dog's motivation . . . likely a human has to supervise . . . patent denied.
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
1903 dinner pails, illustration
1903 dinner pails   see full size
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
1905 factory circle sawblades
1905 factory circle saws
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
a 1913 paper mill, illustration
a 1913 paper mill: walking through paper machines is a sonic experience, hot loud and beautiful from all directions, dwarfing the quiet shouts of workers.
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
1919 factory illustration
1919 factory architecture reminded all that workers were small
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
1922 factory floor machines photograph
a 1922 factory floor   see full size
   
F A C T O R I E S
   
1920s factory office photograpg
a 1920s pantomime cube
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
1928 factory ceiling illustration
1928
   
F A C T O R I E S
   
1930 printed crepe from Russia, photograph
1930 printed crepe from Russia
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
1930 factory illustration, Purification Area Hercules Nitrocellulose Plant
1930
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
1930s streamline factory illustration, with modern plants taking the lead
1930s streamline-style    see full size
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
an Iakov Chernikhov constructivism-style factory
an Iakov Chernikhov constructivism-style factory   see full size
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
a mock assembly line at the 1939 New York World's Fair
a mock assembly line at the 1939 New York World's Fair   see full size
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
1940 factory illustration, birdseye view at night, inland rubber metal and plastics
1940   see full size
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
a 1940s plastics factory, Tarbonis, skin irritation plastics
a 1940s plastics factory
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
streamline factory
a 1940s? streamline factory   see full size
   
F A C T O R I E S
   
a Ken Fagg illustration, 1947 factory at night, birdseye view
a Ken Fagg illustration, 1947   see full size
   
F A C T O R I E S
   
a Peter Helck illustration of a printing factory
a Peter Helck illustration   see full size
   
F A C T O R I E S
    
a 1958 Russian children's book illustration of a power generating factory
a 1958 Russian children's book
   
F A C T O R I E S
      
Heinz Edelmann factory
a Heinz Edelmann illustration
   
F A C T O R I E S
   
1972 car factory, Datsun assembly line photograph
a 1972 Datsun factory: brightly lit for safety
      
    
Click below to hear my lazy-hippy-guitar's advice to the rest of us
     
     
http://goinsaneinonestep.blogspot.ca/
http://gerrylagendyk.blogspot.ca/
https://www.youtube.com/user/thrillinggrief/playlists
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-lagendyk
http://gotomootpoint.blogspot.ca/
k i n d n e s s   &   l o v e   f o r   e v e r y o n e

No comments:

Post a Comment