Sunday, July 16, 2017

S L E E P . . . in art

1878 bedroom illustration, foxskin rug
from an 1878 furniture catalog
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
    
1878 bedside commode
1878:  a convenience in the dark
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
    
1963 bed fancy headboard, photograph
self-important excess in 1963
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
     
1890 flophouse, 1890 homeless
7 cents in 1890 is almost $11 now
      
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
    
Randolph Caldecott, cat steals food
a Randolph Caldecott children's book illustration   click twice for full size
      
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
   
an Aubrey Beardsley illustration of illness and sleep
an Aubrey Beardsley illustration of illness and sleep after travels
      
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
   
Agnes Miller Parker 1940
a 1940 illustration by Agnes Miller Parker
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
    
a bedroom from a 1960 German catalog, color illustration
 from a 1960 German furniture catalog
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
    
1960 baby crib, stylish illustration from a catalog
from a different 1960 catalog    click image twice for full size 
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
      
a George Sprod cartoon of a man sleeping in bed
a George Sprod cartoon 
     
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
      
an 1883 fold-out bed illustration from a catalog
an 1883 fold-out bed
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
    
studies of a pillow by Albrecht Dürer, 1493
studies of a pillow by Albrecht Dürer, 1493
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
     
1907 men's sleepwear from a catalog
1907 sleepwear
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
       
Howie Post, Hot Stuff, nap time
uncolored Howie Post artwork for a Hot Stuff comic book
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
       
Heinrich Zille 1913, no privacy, crowded living
 Heinrich Zille,  1913
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
       
Mila Von Luttich, secession, secessionistisches schlummerkissen
Mila Von Luttich   see it full size
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
       
Franz Von Stuck, sleeping centaurs
  Franz Von Stuck, sleeping centaurs
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
       
a George Du Maurier cartoon, 1898 nightmare, bad dream
 a George Du Maurier cartoon,  1898
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
      
Chris Van Allsburg 1985, Polar Express, dreaming
 a Chris Van Allsburg 1985 children's book illustration   click twice for full size
         
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
     
Ellen Stratton children's book illustration, dead baby
an Ellen Stratton children's book illustration
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
      
Ferdinand Hodler, nightmare, bad dream
a bad dream by Ferdinand Hodler    see full size 
   
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
      
John Vassos 1931 illustration of potamophobia
a John Vassos bad dream 1931 illustration of potamophobia  (fear of rivers)
       
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
     
Barry Moser, boar head profile
a Barry Moser illustration    see full size 
     
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
     
Charles Robinson, new baby, center of attention, Rococo baby
 a flawed scan of a Charles Robinson book illustration
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
      
1931 boy's bedroom, color illustration
a 1931 boy's bedroom
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
      
1901 sleeping bag illustration, early sleeping bag
a 1901 sleeping bag
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
      
1912 sleeping cartoon
a 1912 magazine cartoon
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
      
1881 bed divider illustration, pillow divider
an 1881 pillow divider
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
      
Dugold Stewart Walker, hog sleeping in shade
a Dugold Stewart Walker book illustration
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
      
NC Wyeth, Rip van Winkle, Rip van Winkel
an NC Wyeth book illustration of Rip Van Winkle awakening after a long sleep
    
S  L  E  E  P  I  N  G
         
Click below for my short song  drifting closer  . . . to humanity

http://goinsaneinonestep.blogspot.ca/
http://gerrylagendyk.blogspot.ca/
https://www.youtube.com/user/thrillinggrief/playlists
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-lagendyk
http://gotomootpoint.blogspot.ca/
k i n d n e s s   &   l o v e   f o r   e v e r y o n e

No comments:

Post a Comment