img { max-width: 100%; display: block; }

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Images of the NIGHT in art . . . part 3

a Lebbeus Woods drawing of a night scene
a Lebbeus Woods drawing
     
N I G H T
      
M. De Becque, an elephant in a river at night in color
M. De Becque
    
N I G H T
      
a Wende & Harry Devlin children's book 1965, the moon and a dead tree
a Wende & Harry Devlin children's book,  1965
     
N I G H T
      
a circus theme children's night-light to keep the monsters away, a 1949 photograph
a children's night-light to keep the monsters away,  1949
     
N I G H T
      
a 1964 Norman Rockwell illustration of a little girl watching the adults at a party
a Norman Rockwell illustration,  1964       see full size
     
N I G H T
      
a 1959 Arthur Getz illustration of New York at night
an Arthur Getz illustration,  1959
    
N I G H T
      
a Harry Rountree illustration of a Pterodactyl
a Harry Rountree illustration
     
N I G H T
      
a Disney animation background of a birdseye town at night
a Disney animation background       see full size
     
N I G H T
      
David Thorpe art
David Thorpe art
     
N I G H T
      
an F.H. Townsend 1911 cartoon of a man unable to sleep through loud music
F.H. Townsend,  1911
    
N I G H T
      
a 1921 Artus Scheiner illustration of a girl in the magic woods at night
an Artus Scheiner illustration,  1921       see full size
     
N I G H T
      
a 1927 cartoon about the discomforts of train travel, by Garvens
a 1927 cartoon
     
N I G H T
      
Ernie Bushmiller's Nancy cartoon 1973
"I can't get to sleep ... I'm so mad at Irma .."   "Imagine her telling everybody ..."
"... that I'm conceited"     Ernie Bushmiller's 'Nancy'
     
N I G H T
      
a Seymour Chwast sleeping dreaming man
Seymour Chwast
     
N I G H T
      
Bernard Brett art 1974, the pier boardwalk at night
Bernard Brett art,  1974       see full size
     
N I G H T
      
Rockwell Kent, a sailboat at night
Rockwell Kent
     
N I G H T
      
a 1917 exterior
a 1917 exterior
     
N I G H T
      
a Terence Cuneo illustration of a factory at night
a Terence Cuneo illustration       see full size
    
N I G H T
      
an A.E. Marty 1922 fashion illustration of a woman on a balcony at night
an A.E. Marty fashion illustration,  1922
     
N I G H T
      
Edmund J. Sullivan 1922, excluded from society
Edmund J. Sullivan,  1922
     
N I G H T
      
Joseph Winkelman art, a purple night scene in winter
Joseph Winkelman art       see full size
     
N I G H T
      
a John Buckland Wright wood cut of a woman running in a forest at night
a John Buckland Wright wood cut
    
N I G H T
      
a George Cruikshank 1836 cartoon about bad dreams, night-mare
"Night-mare" (bad dream),  George Cruikshank 1836
     
N I G H T
      
Léon Spilliaert 1908 painting, a river at night
a Léon Spilliaert painting,  1908       see full size
     
N I G H T
      
a Bill Peet children's book illustration of a sleeping pig in a rainy back alley at night
a Bill Peet children's book illustration       see full size
     
N I G H T
      
an old poster illustration of a city at night, city lights
an old travel poster illustration
    
N I G H T
      
Stow Wengenroth 1953, a house exterior in winter night
Stow Wengenroth art,  1953       see full size
     
N I G H T
      
1915 exterior lighting, a color illustration for Mathews full automatic lighting
a 1915 exterior
     
N I G H T
      
a Harper Goff illustration of a riverboat race at night
a Harper Goff illustration
     
N I G H T
      
a Wallace Swanson illustration 1925, an observatory building at night
a Wallace Swanson illustration,  1925
    
see NIGHT in art    ... Part 2 HERE   ... Part 1 HERE
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and added information are welcomed!