img { max-width: 100%; display: block; }

Thursday, October 1, 2026

FIRE by different artists, part 3

       
 F I R E
 
a 1975 photograph by Mike Mandel & Larry Sultan, burning oranges in flames
a 1975 photograph of oranges on fire by Mike Mandel & Larry Sultan
                    
F I R E
                              
the 1906 Earthquake in California, showing a high view of San Francisco on fire
the 1906 Earthquake in California   "This view of San Francisco shows the
city practically intact after the earthquake and already in the 
clutches of it's real destroyer fire"       see full size
       
      
F I R E
                                            
a Jo Kotula illustration, burning war plane falling
a Jo Kotula illustration
                 
F I R E
                                          
1961 Russia sun surface illustration
a 1961 illustration
 of the sun, Russia
see full size
              
F I R E
                                   
a 1960s Braun once-a-year butane lighter advertisement
a 1960s Braun 'once-a-year' butane lighter, around $520 in today's money!
                        
F I R E
                                    
a Bob Abbett 1959 illustration for The Transcendent Man by Jerry Sohl
 a Bob Abbett illustration, 1959
                         
F I R E
                                    
1871 Chicago fire illustration
the massive 1871 Chicago fire       see full size
                    
F I R E
                                          
a Howard Pyle illustration of men leaving a burning ship
a Howard Pyle illustration       see full size
             
F I R E
                                             
a Caleb Charland photograph 2006, a burning arrangement of wooden matches
a Caleb Charland photograph,
2006
            
F I R E
                                          
1873 gas lighting, a beautiful brass woman
1873 gas lighting       see full size
              
F I R E
                                   
a Tyrus Wong development sketch for Disney's 'Bambi' forest fire scene
a Tyrus Wong development sketch for Disney's 'Bambi'
see full size 
                        
F I R E
                                    
Bernard Picart strange art 1749
Bernard Picart,
  1749     "Enceladus buried under Mount Ethna"
(one of the gods buried this giant under a mountain) 
                    
F I R E
                                          
a 1917 Simplicissimus illustration of a volcano shooting out hapless men with fire
a 1917 Simplicissimus Magazine illustration
             
F I R E
                                             
a 1932 mining illustration
a 1932 illustration
             
F I R E
                                             
a giant world war two smoke plume seen from above
World War two
            
F I R E
                                        
this 1820s gothic candelabra looks like it's meant for youth
an 1820s gothic candelabra ... the wife would say no
 
              
F I R E
                                   
a 1909 German illustration of religious burning at the stake
a 1909 German magazine illustration
                        
F I R E
                                    
a Robert Williams painting of hot sauce
a Robert Williams painting       see full size
                    
F I R E
                                          
a Virgil Finlay illustration of a crazy man in flames
a Virgil Finlay illustration       see full size
             
F I R E
                                          
Eppo Doeve illustration Demka Staal, steel factory
an Eppo Doeve illustration
              
F I R E
                                     
John Ketchell racing art
John Ketchell racing art       see full size
                  
F I R E
                                   
a 1929 photograph of matchsticks
a 1929 photograph
                        
F I R E
                                    
a Disney dragon with green flames
a Disney dragon       see full size
                    
F I R E
                                          
a 1876 royal tribute at sea illustration
an 1876 royal tribute at sea       see full size
             
F I R E
                                            
Mark Peppé 1983 illustration design
Mark Peppé,
  1983
               
F I R E
                                          
a 1947 cartoon about art, a fire hose in an art gallery is sold as art while surrounding paintings don't sell
a 1947 cartoon about art ... a fire hose in an art gallery sells better
than the surrounding paintings       see full size
              
F I R E
                                   
a Noel Fontanet 1956 poster
a Noel Fontanet 1956 poster
                        
F I R E
                                    
an A. Hengeler illustration of 1914 Earth on Fire
an A. Hengeler illustration of 1914 Mars watching Earth on Fire
see full size
                    
F I R E
                                          
a James Bama illustration 1968, a cowboy avoiding a thrown flaming torch
a James Bama illustration,
1968       see full size
             
F I R E
                                             
a heated bath tub in old Japan illustration
a heated bath tub in old Japan
            
F I R E
                                        
a Noel Fontanet 1935 Atlantic cigarette lighter illustration
a Noel Fontanet 1935 Atlantic cigarette lighter
 illustration 
                    
FirePart1       FirePart2 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and corrections are welcomed! Please visit and explore again, art should be shared.